Educators today are increasingly challenged with meeting the diverse needs of a student population ranging from honors level to special needs. How can we best motivate, support, and boost the academic success of our struggling learners?
In this live, interactive, virtual class, Susan Fitzell will share a wealth of classroom-proven approaches that can work with any student, whether teaching remotely or in the physical classroom.
The focus will be on practical, easy-to-incorporate strategies designed to accelerate the academic success of your struggling students, including your unmotivated learners.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe self-regulation and personalized learning.
- Describe both direct and indirect ways to engage and motivate students (self-regulation of motivation and affect).
- Understand how to help students of multi-level abilities with reading, writing, and research, while still maintaining rigor.
- Identify and choose from ready-to-use strategies that boost academic success for the students.
- Demonstrate a minimum of ten promising cognitive strategies to meet the needs of multi-level students.