Paraprofessionals Professional Development Kit
Professional Development Kit, Paraprofessionals and Teachers Working Together
By Susan Fitzell, M.Ed., CSP
Throw out the phrase, “Just a teacher’s aide” with professional development that you can apply immediately!
Explore ways that the brain learns and learn a variety of brain-based, research supported, “implement tomorrow” strategies that will help teachers reach ALL the learners in their classrooms including gifted, English language learners and students with special needs. The strategies and techniques in this program can be used to support your school or district’s differentiation initiatives, state standards implementation, or Response to Intervention requirements. If you want your teachers to realize increased achievement for their students, this professional development program is the first step!
Improve paraprofessional/teacher relationships, define roles, manage behavior proactively, and effectively collaborate to increase student academic success.
This book enables paraprofessionals and teachers to find solutions that work and it will show you the way, too!
- Forms and checklists to assist paraprofessionals and teachers with defining roles, collecting data, collaborating on critical issues, and working effectively together.
- Keys to success for teachers; including the paraprofessional and ensuring that students respect all adults in the classroom.
- Keys to success for paraprofessionals; encouraging student independence, ownership, peer relationships and academic success.
- Communication tips to enhance collaboration with parents and staff.
- Proactive ways for paraprofessionals to prevent discipline problems and use positive techniques to handle problem behavior.
- Scripts for managing behavior through planned response rather than reaction.
- Concrete strategies for dealing with a lack of focus, fidgeting, back talk, and re-direction without disturbing the rest of the class.
- Proven strategies to effectively and efficiently adapt and manage content area curricula adaptations to meet student learning styles and IEP requirements in the regular classroom.
Susan Fitzell, M.Ed., CSP has taught thousands of educators how to maximize their success in the classroom through her seminars and coaching. Now her best-selling book and acclaimed resource, Paraprofessionals and Teachers Working Together, is now available as a complete staff or individual professional development resource.