How Often Do You Find Yourself Saying: “I Wish I Knew How to Implement Co-Teaching”?
Learn effective strategies to increase co-teaching and collaboration success, to ensure that the special education teacher’s skills are respected and utilized, and to co-teach to meet the needs of all students so that everyone grows!
Best Practices in Co-Teaching and Collaboration goes beyond the co-teaching models - it shows you very specific ways to co-teach successfully, whether you are a beginner or seasoned co-teacher. It explains how to maximize your talent in the classroom, whether you are the content expert, special educator, specialist, or paraprofessional! You’ll learn ways to implement co-teaching, whether you have face-to-face planning time or not. This book shows you the HOW of Co-Teaching!
- Over two dozen innovative, practical, and clearly defined implementations of the co-teaching models to help you collaborate effectively.
- Countless ways to maximize the skills of adults teaching together and increase student achievement.
- Over a dozen ways to implement co-teaching when your co-teacher is not a content expert How to co-teach effectively whether or not you have enough planning time.
- Collaboration techniques that successful educators use to increase student engagement and motivation.
- How to take control of your instructional time by using an efficient lesson planning strategy that increases productivity.
- How to get your co-teacher to say "yes" to teaching approaches that promote parity and a healthy collaborative relationship. Learn what to say and do (and what not to say and do!).
- Techniques for teaching targeted small groups no teacher should be without: Grouping strategies, behavior management, mixed ability and same ability grouping strategies, and more.
- Ways to implement co-teaching that match your instructional targets and learning goals. Learn which models work best for different purposes.
- How-tos for school administrators implementing co-teaching and looking for solutions that take their co-teaching initiative up a level.
- How to facilitate a successful book study or engage teachers in exploring co-teaching in their learning communities.
- Licensing to provide schools the option of using this book for in-house professional development.